One or two days prior to your appointment, we will telephone you to confirm all of your details, including your cleaning address and your order. If you have any questions before then, please feel free to telephone us or contact us.
Before We Arrive:
1) Pre-Vacuum – furniture captures a lot of dust, dirt and hair. Much as you would vacuum or sweep a hard floor before mopping or cleaning, it is very important that your furniture is thoroughly pre vacuumed before we clean it. This can make a huge difference in cleaning results!
2) Preparing Your Space – please move all lamps, plants and breakables that might get in the way of access of all sides of the furniture before we arrive and make sure that the areas to be cleaned are clear of additional items (throw pillows & blankets, etc.).
On the Day of Cleaning:
1) Time – If your appointment is scheduled for the morning, you will be called the previous business day with your narrowed down time of arrival, if you have an appointment scheduled for the afternoon, you will get a call between 10 am and 11 am the day of your cleaning with your narrowed down time.
2) Parking – we require legal, paved parking within 30 feet of the entrance of your home.
3) Payment – we accept debit and all major credit cards. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept personal cheques or cash.
Maintaining Furniture Between Cleanings
Immediately After Cleaning:
Pay Attention to Drying
After cleaning your upholstered furniture will be slightly damp for up to 24 hours, depending on the temperature, air flow and humidity in your home. You can help speed up the drying process by keeping throw pillows or blankets off of damp furniture, running fans, including the summer fan on your furnace, opening windows (in summer) and keeping the area warm. If your furniture is not dry within a day, please contact us.
Spots & Stains
When stains have soaked thoroughly into upholstery, they often spread below the surface into the foam or batting, and cleaning can cause residues to “wick up”, causing stains to reappear or even appear larger after cleaning. If you have any concerns with reappearing stains, or any of the results of your cleaning, even after everything has dried, please telephone us.
Regular Maintenance – Tips for Keeping Upholstery Looking Great
Vacuum thoroughly: Although it may not be obvious, dust and dirt settle into your upholstery from the air and every day use. Vacuuming your furniture thoroughly with the furniture attachment of your vacuum helps to keep your furniture looking great longer. How frequently you should vacuum is based on how much dust is in the home and how much the furniture is used.
Spot Clean: If you have a small spill or spot, clean it carefully and quickly, while it is still wet, following our stain guide. Use an absorbent material such as paper or cotton towels to absorb as much as possible. If there is a large volume of liquid, we recommend calling a professional, as it will be difficult to extract on your own.
Get Your Furniture Treated with 3M Scotchgard™: Scotchgard™ helps fabrics resist soiling and makes cleaning up spots and spills easier. PLUS we make it easy for you to keep your furniture looking great, with our Scotchgard™ Guarantee: For 1 year from the date that we apply Scotchgard™ to your upholstery, we will return up to two times for FREE to treat spots and stains on the treated furniture items!
Keep up the Cleaning: Your furniture should be professionally cleaned every 12-24 months in order to maintain your investment and keep it looking great for as long as possible. Cleaning your furniture regularly can prevent premature wear, improve appearance and prolong its life.
Visit for: https://prestigecarpetcleaning.ca/