In the earlier days people had the time, and the patience to launder clothes by hand and thus washing clothes was not necessarily a tiresome and time-consuming chore for them. These days, however, the fast-paced lives and a constant dearth in time do not allow us to luxuriate over the formidable task of cleaning clothes. Which is why, the washing machine has become the ultimate energy-saving way to staying on top of laundry chores!
Apart from clothes that come with special cleaning instructions like dry-cleaning or hand washing, most clothes we wear today are machine-washable. However, washing machines not only adroitly and effortlessly clean the clothes on our back, but they are equally adept at cleaning bed linens, bath towels, and things like heavy curtains which can be a nightmare if washed by hand.
There is a whole plethora of advantages that you should keep in mind when you buy washing machines UK:
- The biggest benefit a washing machine can provide is to save your precious time. You do not have to monitor the entire washing process, and can do other tasks while your clothes are in the machine.
- The washing machine eliminates the need to exert physical effort to get clean clothes. Just toss some detergent and throw your clothes in, and watch the machine do all the work.
- Washing machines come in various sizes and hence whether you live in an apartment of a sprawling mansion, you can buy washing machine UK according to the space available.
- Washing machines use different cycles depending on the type of clothes you put in it. Unlike hand washing, where rigorous scrubbing and washing was a standard solution for all kinds of clothes, the machine recognizes the different materials and washes accordingly.
- The spinning cycle in a washing machine removes excess water from your clothes and thereby decreases the overall time it takes to dry your clothes.
If you live in a micro-apartment, then your only option to wash clothes would be to use the laundry room facility in the building if you have any, or to haul your dirty laundry to the neighbourhood Laundromat. However, if you are fortunate enough to buy washing machines UK, then do enough research on this particular kind of domestic appliances UK, before you hook yourself with one.
Top loaders or Front loaders
The two most commonly available models of washing machines are top-loading and front-loading. Where front-loading machines use less water and are more energy efficient than top-loaders and usually offer more capacity, the latter wins people over with its lower price range, faster spin cycle and less maintenance.
When buying a washing machine, do keep in mind the regular capacity of your machine and the amount of laundry it can hold. Think of your family size and washing routine during purchase.
Energy star ratings and special features
Energy Star indicates an appliance that uses considerably less energy during operation. Higher the rating, the more energy efficient your machine will be and you will wince less when seeing the monthly electricity bill!
Washing machines come nowadays in a riot of colours and fully-stocked with features. Consider carefully whether you need the extra touch pad controls, because you will inevitably end up paying more for it.
A washing machine is an innovative labour-saving technology which economises on your time, money and energy and keeps your clothes looking and feeling good for a long time!