Summer can be said to be the season of the sun and a light, bright and a sparkling summer is something that we all desire. How do you want your lawn to greet the summer? Definitely cheerful and vibrant blossoms can make your lawn beautiful. An exuberant and a happy lawn would also keep you mind cheerful. However, although desired this way, often the challenges posed by summer turn out to be stumbling blocks on the path of getting your desires fulfilled.
The following flowers are always great to be kept in your choice list for your summer time lawn.
- Amaranthus or Amaranth is known to thrive well in heat and not on moist soil or under a canopy. Thus it can be considered to be one of the best choices for your lawn during summer. These are vibrant flowers coming in ranges of colors like red, blue, orange, green, purple and gold and they grow to a height of about 18 inches to 6 feet. However before planting it do check its compatibility with your soil.
- Warmer seasons are the best for the canna lilies. Cool climate is not that conducive for their growth. However, seasonal growth of these flowers in cooler regions is noted. These are tropical looking flowers initially noted to cover the lawn in lush green shades and during the late summer and spring beautify the lawn in brighter shades. Their profuse growth is also noted during the warmer seasons.
- Spider flowers coming in a range of shades such as pink, purple, crimson and white are considered to be ideal for the summer time lawns. They grow to a height of approx. 3 to 5 ft.
- The blue lily or the African lily well suits the warmer climate. However they require deep hydration, may be even for twice a day. These flowers are best grown in pots. They can thrive well even under partial canopy.
- Wheat Celosia is another great variety that supports warmer climate and lesser shades. Having feather like structures these flowers come in red, purple and pink and grow to a height of 2 to 4 ft.
- Growing to a height of 1 to 4 ft., the sulfur cosmos are vibrant flowers coming in scarlet, orange and pink. Lesser shades and warmer climates are suitable for the growth of these flowers.
- California poppies are another great choice growing to a height of about 6 to 15 inches and are available in bright shades of red, orange, pink, yellow and beige. Transplantation is not suitable for the growth of these flowers.
- For the hot and arid spots Gazania hybrids are a smart choice indeed. Available in red, orange, pink, yellow and bronze shades they can make you lawn look strikingly colorful.
- Lantanas are 1 to 6 feet tall and are available in bright hues. However don't forget that the berries of these flowers are toxic in nature and thus are to be kept away from pets and kids.
- Moss Roses are elegant looking smaller flowers that grow well in full sun. They do not support humid soil and can be self-planted in seeds. Available in magenta, pink,red, orange and other shades these flowers can be a great choice for your lawn during the summer.
The growth of all these flowers must support soil and weather compatibility and you must judge beforehand the types of the soil suitable for their growth. Seeking a professional help would be beneficial in this respect. Trust lawn maintenance Scottsdale for keeping your lawn in perfect shape during the summer season.